* Pidgin - Internet Messenger
* Copyright (C) Pidgin Developers <email@example.com>
* Pidgin is the legal property of its developers, whose names are too numerous
* to list here. Please refer to the COPYRIGHT file distributed with this
* This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
* it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
* the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
* (at your option) any later version.
* This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
* but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
* MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
* GNU General Public License for more details.
* You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
* along with this library; if not, see <https://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.
#if !defined(PIDGIN_GLOBAL_HEADER_INSIDE) && !defined(PIDGIN_COMPILATION)
# error "only <pidgin.h> may be included directly"
* @text: The text to calculate a color for.
* @color: (out): The return address for a #GdkRGBA that will receive the
* This function is based heavily on the implementation that gajim uses from
* python-nbxmpp in nbxmpp.util.text_to_color. However, we don't have an
* implementation of HSL let alone HSLuv, so we're using HSV which is why
* the value is 1.0 instead of a luminance of 0.5.
* Currently there is no caching as GCache is deprecated and writing a fast LRU
* in glib is going to take a bit of finesse. Also we'll need to figure out how
* to scale to ginormous Twitch channels which will constantly bust the cache.
void pidgin_color_calculate_for_text(const gchar *text, GdkRGBA *color);
#endif /* PIDGIN_COLOR_H */